Giusti Asolo Prosecco Superiore DOCG Brut NV
- Crisp, fine
- Prosecco DOC
A well-balanced, fresh and fruity sparkling, this vino comes with notes of lemons and apples and is a guaranteed winner once the warmer months roll round. It comes from a really exciting producer and fun fact, the property was used as a military base during WWII and the wells in which machine guns were hidden still remain. And to be fair, if they keep churning out quality prosecco like this, it may take a fortress to keep thirsty prosecco-lovers out of the building.
Full price $50.00 from the producer.
Mofo member price is always best price, 100% Happiness Guaranteed. If you find a better price to buy this wine elsewhere, contact our customer team now and we’ll beat it.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Prosecco DOC
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- Serving Temp.
This Prosecco with controlled and guaranteed designation of origin is made with the best Glera grapes coming from vineyards located in the Veneto region in the hilly area of Montello and the Asolo hills, in the municipality of Nervesa della Battaglia and more specifically in the vineyards of the ARIA VALENTINA, ABBAZIA and SIENNA estates, located on the southern slopes of the Montello.
Did you know that Prosecco is the only region that has as grape named after it? Or was it the other way round... well, here's fun fact number two anyway: the prosecco grape is also known as glera! So don't glera't me if I got anything wrong here, I'm too busy busting out the bellissimo bubbles!
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Favourite chocolate cake
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 250g butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 cups raw caster sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Chocolate curls, to decorate (optional)
- Chocolate ganache
- 300g dark chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm (base) round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Place chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place flours, bicarbonate of soda, sugar and sifted cocoa in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Whisk eggs and buttermilk in a jug. Stir buttermilk, then chocolate, into flour mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes. Stand cake in pan for 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make chocolate ganache: Place chocolate and cream in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until smooth. Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Split cake in half. Place base of cake on serving plate. Spread over half the ganache. Sandwich with cake top. Spread top and side of cake with remaining ganache. Top with chocolate curls, if using. Stand until ganache sets slightly. Serve with ice-cream or cream on the side. Delicious!